Shrimp and Creamy Spinach Feta Rice
Yield: Serves 2 to 4.
Rice Recipe Contest - First Prize Winner
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup julienned red pepper
- 6 ounces baby spinach, washed and dried
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
InstructionsHeat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the red pepper, and saute for 1 minute. Add the spinach, salt, and pepper and saute just until the spinach begins to wilt. Drain the excess liquid. Add the shrimp and saute for 30 seconds, or until warm. Add the rice and feta, and toss until heated through and the cheese is creamy. Top with pine nuts.
-Cathleen Billig, Canton, Ohio