Shredded Carrot Salad
Shredded carrots are tossed with sliced green onions and dressed with a honey-mustard sauce. Serve chilled with batter-fried fish.
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 pound carrots, shredded
- 6 green onions, white and green portion, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
Instructions1. Place the carrots and onions in a large bowl and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, and mustard. Whisk in the oil and add the ginger. Pour over the carrot mixture and stir to combine. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 4 to 6 hours before serving.