Sauteed Corn with Basil
Flecked with bits of red bell pepper and fresh green basil, this beautiful dish captures the essence of summer
Yield: Serves 4
- 6 ears corn, husks and silk removed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, white and green portion, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
Instructions1. Cut the corn from the cobs. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet until the butter is melted. Add the corn and stir over medium heat for 1 minute. Add the red bell pepper and onions, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more. Pour on the water and reduce the heat. Cover the pan and simmer until the corn is crisp-tender.
2. Sprinkle on the basil, sugar, salt, and pepper. Stir over high heat until all the liquid is evaporated. Serve immediately.