Yield: 8 servings
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) low sodium tomato sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp fresh oregano or 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 container (15 to 16 oz) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
InstructionsCook the lasagna noodles according to package directions, do not add salt.
While noodles cook preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 13x19 inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
In small bowl, combine tomato sauce, garlic and oregano. Mix well. In medium bowl, combine broccoli, carrot, ricotta, and parmesan cheese. Mix well.
Drain noodles in colander. Spread 1/2 cup tomato sauce in bottom of prepared dish. Place 3 noodles on top of tomato sauce. Spread half of broccoli mixture over noodles. Spoon 1/2 cup of tomato sauce over broccoli; place 3 noodles on top. Spread with remaining 1/2 cup of tomato sauce.
Top with remaining noodles and tomato sauce; sprinkle mozzarella over top. Bake until bubbling, about 45 minutes. Place on wire rack and cool about 15 minutes; cut into sqaures.