Ravioli in a Sage and Brown Butter Sauce
Brown-butter sauces are so delicious and yet require almost no time or special skill to prepare. What could be better?
Total Time: 30
Yield: 4 entr
- 2 9-ounce packages butternut-squash ravioli or cheese ravioli
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 8 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon dried red-pepper flakes
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh sage leaves
InstructionsBring a large pot of salted water to a rolling boil and cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, cook butter, gently shaking the pan occasionally, until it foams and turns nut-brown, about 3 minutes.
Add sage and red-pepper flakes; then cook 30 seconds longer, or until sage is crisp. Remove pan from heat.
Add cooked pasta to skillet; then toss with butter sauce to coat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with fresh sage leaves. Serve immediately.