raspberry-almond coffee cake
Raspberry-Almond Coffee Cake by Patricia Telesco
Almonds are commonly know today as wedding favors; in ancient times they
Were used abundantly in folk remedials, especially for sleep and headaches.
The air-like qualities of this nut, when combine with the water element of
Raspberries, allows abundant love to sprinkle like rain, encourages health,
And expresses joy
- Raspberry-Almond Coffee Cake
- 1/4 cup butter, softened 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 cup sugar 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted 4 oz. Almond paste, chopped
- 1 egg 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup milk 1 cup raspberries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla or almond extract
- Note: If you are not using self-rising flour, add 3 teaspoons baking powder
- And 1 teaspoon salt.
- Variation: Strawberries, blueberries, or cranberries may be substituted for
- The raspberries in this recipe. Cranberries may need additional sweetening.
Preheat the oven to 350