Potato, Sorrel & Egg Salad
Sandy D’Amato uses an old-school European technique for adding flavor to the potatoes, while keeping it all bright and contemporary.
Total Time: 15
- 4 6-ounce local russet potatoes, peeled, diced small
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup diced dill pickle
- 3 tablespoons capers, well drained
- 1 cup lightly packed sorrel leaves, cut into thin ribbons
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, peeled, diced small
- Chive & Lemon Caviar Dressing
- Kosher or sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
InstructionsBring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook 3-5 minutes, until tender but not falling apart. Drain well and place in a small bowl.
Add wine while potatoes are still warm. Let sit until cool; drain again. In a large bowl, mix pickle, capers, sorrel, eggs, and drained potatoes with enough Chive & Lemon Caviar Dressing (prepared a day ahead) to moisten. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve as is or top with Wild-Salmon Roulades.