This blend of zucchini, chicken, and cheese makes a subtly flavored luncheon soup – hot or cold.
Yield: Makes 6 generous servings.
- 3 to 4 pounds zucchini, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 5 green onions, chopped (include green parts)
- 2 to 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) cream of chicken soup
- 2 soup cans milk
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese, or more to taste
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup light cream
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)