Peach Ice with Raspberry Melba Sauce
Follow a substantial meat with this light and refreshing dessert, which should be made at least a day in advance. –The Governor’s Inn, Ludlow, Vermont
Yield: Serves 8-10
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 can (29 ounces) peaches (drain and reserve syrup)
- 1/4 cup peach-flavored brandy
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Raspberry Melba Sauce (recipe follows)
InstructionsCombine sugar, corn syrup, and peach syrup in saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil stirring constantly. When sugar has dissolved, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes. Cool. Place peaches in food processor or electric blender, add the brandy, and process until smooth.
Combine syrup, peach puree, and lemon juice. Pour into 8inch-square pan and freeze.
When ready to serve, place a scoop of peach ice in each champagne glass and top with Raspberry Melba Sauce.
Raspberry Melba Sauce
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries, thawed
- Water (or brandy or raspberry liqueur)
- 1/3 cup red currant jelly
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch