Here is a great way to cook “home fries” for a crowd without using the stovetop. You can do everything the day before serving but bake it.
Yield: Serves 6.
- 1 package (8 ounces) brown-and-serve sausages
- 4 to 5 cups cut-up cooked potatoes, preferably unpeeled red or baking type
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 scallions, trimmed and sliced the long way
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill, or 2 teaspoons dried
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, to taste
Instructions1. Liberally grease a 13x9-inch glass baking pan. Slice the sausages 1/4 inch thick and place in the bottom of the pan. Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate.
2. To bake and serve: Preheat oven to 400° F. Let the dish sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes. Bake for 15 minutes; stir, reduce heat to 350° F, and bake for another 45 minutes, or until the potatoes are brown around the edges.