Oatmeal Buttermilk Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup raisins
Instructions1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; stir in the oats and set aside. Grease cookie sheets.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk. Fold in the raisins. Drop by spoonful onto the prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes.