New Mexico Ceremonial Salsa
Courtesy of Priss Lindsey
Chet, after 40 years of perfecting salsa, this is the best!
- 6-8 tomatillos, husked and cut into large chunks
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes, washed and stemmed
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and cut up
- 4 cloves chopped garlic or 1 tbs minced garlic
- Juice of one lime
- 2-4 jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
- 1 giant Spanish onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
InstructionsPut ingredients in blender and blend throughly. It may
help to do the cherry tomatoes and tomatillas first to
get a liquid consistency and then add in the other
ingredients. Salt to taste.
This gets better in the fridge and will keep for 4-7
Great with white corn chips or inside burritos or on
tostados or just in a bowl of beans.