Mexican Hot Fudge Sauce
Yield: Makes 1 1/3 Cups.
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
InstructionsIn a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
Add chocolate and melt, stirring occasionally.
Remove pan from heat.
Using a fork or small whisk, beat in dark brown sugar
and cinnamon, taking care to break up lumps. Return saucepan
to burner over the low heat. Stir in corn syrup and heavy
cream until smooth. Simmer 7 to 9 minutes, without stirring.
The longer you cook the sauce, the chewier it will be when
Pour sauce into 2-cup (or larger) glass measure and stir
in vanilla extract.
Serve over ice cream or frozen yogurt.