Marinated Flank Steak
This marinated flank steak combines the flavors of wine with garlic, onion, and fresh thyme.
Yield: 6 servings
- 1 2-pound flank or skirt steak, trimmed
- 1/2 cup dry white or red wine
- 1/2 red or yellow onion, sliced
- 4 to 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Place all ingredients through sugar in a large zip-top plastic bag. Toss to coat well. Refrigerate two hours or up to 3 days if you prefer.
Prepare grill or broiler to medium-high. Remove steak from marinade and shake off excess. Place on grill or under broiler about 4 minutes per side (for medium rare). Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.