Total Time: 60
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 boneless chicken breasts (8 ounces each), trimmed of fat, skin left on
- 1/2 cup (approx.) flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1/4 pound sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Pommery mustard
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher or sea salt
InstructionsDust chicken breasts with flour and brown, skin side down, in butter in large skillet. When skin is brown and crisp, turn and cook other side until barely done, about 10 minutes in all.
Remove pan from heat. Pour brandy over chicken and ignite. When flames die down, remove chicken to platter and keep warm in a low oven.
Add garlic and shallots to pan and sauté briefly. Add sliced mushrooms and sauté 3 minutes. Add cream, mustard, and parsley. Cook over high heat, stirring continuously, until reduced and thickened. Season to taste with salt and serve over chicken.