Low-Sugar Oatmeal Raisin Breakfast Bars
This is a recipe that was adapted to be made with sugar substitutes. Being a diabetic, I find that this is a treat that satisfies the need for something sweet.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar substitute (I use Sugar Twin Spoonable)
- 1/2 cup white sugar substitute (I use Sugar Twin Spoonable)
- 1/4 cup light butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (Mott's)
- 1 egg, or 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup white flour (or whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups uncooked quick oats (I use Quaker brand)
- 1-2 cups raisins
- 1-2 cups shredded carrots or chopped apples
Heat oven to 350?. Beat sugars and margarine together. Add applesauce, egg, milk and vanilla. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and cinnamon, then add mixture to wet ingredients. Mix well. Stir in oats, raisins, carrots (or apples). Spread into ungreased 9" x 13" pan. Bake 25-30 minutes.