Kohlrabi Puree is softened with butter and cream then seasoned with freshly grated nutmeg.
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 small kohlrabies, unpeeled
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small chunks
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
Instructions1. Place the kohlrabi in a steam basket set over boiling water and cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until tender when pierced. Transfer to a colander and allow to cool.
2. When cool enough to handle, peel the kohlrabies and, cut them into chunks. Force through a food mill or purée in a food processor.
3. Transfer to a wide saucepan and beat in the butter. When the butter is melted, blend in the cream, salt, and pepper. Stir over medium heat until the cream and butter are absorbed. Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle the surface wIth nutmeg.