Jicama and Shrimp Salad
Shredded jicama is tossed with cooked shrimp and sliced tomatillos to form a winning combination of textures and tastes.
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 medium jicamas, peeled and shredded
- 6 tomatillos, sliced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 green chili, such as Serrano, finely chopped
Instructions1. Combine the jicamas, tomatillos, shallot, and cilantro in a large mixing bowl. Add the shrimp and toss to mix. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, and sugar. Stir in the chopped chili and pour over the jicama mixture. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled. Serve with fresh tomato slices.