Italian Wedding Soup
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal, pork or turkey
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (commercial, or grate your own from stale Italian bread)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, minced (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
InstructionsCombine the ground meat, bread crumbs, egg, parsley, minced garlic and salt and pepper in mixing bowl. Mix well with a fork and form into tiny meat balls with your hands.
Place meatballs on a greased baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes at 350 degrees F, until brown.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups spinach, chopped ( i used 1/2 bag baby spinach)
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese ( I used Parmesan)
- 1 cup orzo, cooked al dente in chicken broth
InstructionsAbout ten minutes before serving, bring the chicken broth to a boil, add the spinach, orzo, and meatballs and return soup to a simmer. Stir in the Pecorino cheese and serve.
Alternate: You can saut