Italian Celery Salad
A colorful mélange of green celery, red bell peppers, and pale yellow cheese. Serve as an appetizer or as an accompaniment to grilled hamburgers.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 2 bunches Pascal celery, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, roasted, then cut into thin strips
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 3 eggs, hard-boiled and then sliced
Instructions1. In a large salad bowl, combine the celery, roasted red bell peppers, and provolone cheese. Sprinkle on the basil and parsley and toss to combine.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, and cayenne. Pour over the salad and toss to coat. Cover the bowl and chill for 2 to 3 hours. Just before serving, toss again, then arrange the egg slices around the perimeter of the salad bowl.