Impossible Breakfast Sausage Pie
This is wonderful as a hearty breakfast!
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.
- 1 pound ground breakfast sausage
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons chives
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 2 tomatoes, sliced or diced
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- country gravy mix for the top (I used Jimmy Dean)
Heat oven to 375°F. Grease pie plate, 10x1-1/2 inches. Cook and stir ground beef and onion in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt and pepper. Spread in plate. Beat milk, eggs and baking mix until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high or 1 minute with hand beater. Pour into plate. Bake 25 minutes. Top with tomatoes and cheese. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 5 to 8 minutes. Cool 4 minutes.