Herb and Onion Tea Sandwiches
- 1/3 cup regular or light mayonnaise
- 4 tbsp. minced herbs-parsley, marjoram, basil, chives, etc.
- fresh lemon juice to taste
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 very thin slices of white bread with a homemade texture
- 1 sweet onion, sliced very thinly
InstructionsIn a small bowl stir together the mayonnaise, the herbs, the lemon
juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread one side of the bread
slices with the mixture, then arrange the onion slices evenly on half
the bread slices. Top them with the remaining bread slices. Press
the sandwiches together gently, trim the crusts, and cut into fourths.
Makes 24 tea sandwiches.