Yield: Approximately 6 pounds
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
- 1-1/4 cups rye flakes
- 1-1/4 cups wheat flakes
- 7 cups thick rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups soy nuts
- 2-1/2 cups medium-shredded coconut or coconut chips
- 1-1/4 cups sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1-1/4 cups whole almonds
- 1 cup safflower oil or corn oil
- 1 cup honey
- 2 cups diced, dried apple pieces
- 1-1/4 cups raisins
- 1-1/4 cups dried apricots
- 1-1/4 cups currants
Instructions1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a large kettle combine the first nine ingredients and stir to mix.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the safflower oil and honey until blended, then pour over the dry ingredients. Stir gently until well mixed. Spread the mixture about 1 inch deep into 2 greased 11x14-inch baking pans.
3. Stirring every five minutes, bake for about 25 minutes or until you can smell the roasted almonds. Remove from the oven and return the mixture to the large kettle. Stir in the dried fruit and let the mixture cool, stirring occasionally.
4. Store in the refrigerator in glass jars with tight-fitting lids or sealed in plastic bags.