Grilled Portobello Mushrooms Stuffed with Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Safflower oil or canola oil, for oiling the grill
- 1 recipe Classic Mashed Potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 8 portobello mushroom caps, cleaned and stems removed (reserve stems for another use)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 scallions, trimmed and chopped
Instructions1. Brush the grill grates lightly with the safflower oil. Prepare a hot fire in a gas or charcoal grill.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Prepare the potatoes as the recipe directs.
4. Mix the olive oil and vinegar together in a small bowl. Brush the mushrooms with the olive oil mixture, then sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
5. Place the mushrooms on the hot grill and cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until lightly grilled but, still firm. Transfer the mushrooms to a baking dish gill side up.
6. Add the sour cream and Parmesan to the potatoes and stir to mix.
7. Fill each mushroom cap with ½ to ¾ cup of the potato mixture. Top with the scallions and place in the oven to bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the potato mixture is heated through and puffy.