You can substitute balsamic or other vinegar in this version of Gazpacho soup if you wish. The bread simply disappears when you stir it in.
Yield: 6 servings
- 3 pounds (about 9 medium) tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 1 large, or 2 small, green bell peppers
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 slice white bread, crust cut off, saturated with cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 hot chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
Cut the tomatoes, onion, and pepper(s) into small chunks. Process each ingredient separately in a food processor and blend until smooth. Mix the processed ingredients together. Add the garlic, oil, vinegar, bread, and seasonings. Let the flavors mix for about 1 hour at room temperature before ladling up bowls full of Gazpacho soup.