Foil-Roasted Cod with Herbed Vegetables
Handy aluminum packets keep this Foil-Roasted Cod tender while it bakes alongside fresh veggies and flavorful herbs.
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into thin half moons
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed, halved, cored, and sliced thin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 scallions, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup dry white wine or dry white vermouth
- Table salt and ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless cod fillets (about 2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
InstructionsAdjust oven rack to lowest position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Combine zucchini, fennel, garlic, scallions, basil, thyme, wine, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in large bowl.
Lay four 14-inch-long pieces of foil on work surface. Place 1 fillet on lower half of each piece of foil and season with salt and pepper. Top each fillet with one-quarter of vegetable mixture and 1 tablespoon butter. Fold foil over fish and vegetables and crimp edges together to form 4 packets.
Arrange packets in single layer on rimmed baking sheet and cook until vegetables are tender and fish is just cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Transfer packets to individual plates and carefully cut open with scissors, being careful to avoid steam. Serve.