Easy Greens Pie
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped, blanched, and squeezed greens
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese or low-fat Ricotta cheese, drained
- 4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
InstructionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Heat 2-1/2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet and saute the onion until wilted but not browned, about 4 minutes. Stir in the greens and continue cooking until the greens stop exuding moisture. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Beat in the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the greens mixture. Pour into the prepared dish. Drizzle the remaining 1/2 tablespoon olive oil over the top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until set.