Dilled Cucumber Slices
These crispy pickle slices are so simple to prepare you’ll want to keep a steady supply on hand for nibbling.
Yield: Serves 12
- 4 large unwaxed cucumbers, unpeeled
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill leaves
Instructions1. Thinly slice the cucumbers and place them in a large glass bowl. Add the onion and red bell pepper and toss to combine. Sprinkle on the salt and stir to coat evenly. Set aside and allow to stand at room temperature for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
2. Combine the vinegar and sugar in a small bowl and stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour over the cucumber slices. Sprinkle on the dill leaves and stir to incorporate. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 24 hours before serving. They will keep this way for 3 to 4 weeks.