There are many good curry powders on the market. They vary considerably in flavor, so in choosing one, it is a good idea to sniff it first to make sure it is what you like. Many people like to make their own. It is an interesting procedure. The following combination makes a nice curry but vary the ingredients as you like!
- 8 pods cardamom (remove seeds from pods and grind)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground jeera (cumin seed)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg