Curried Chicken Salad
My friend and I were experimenting one day, and came up with this delicious and very different recipe for chicken salad. It is very elegant and makes a good lunch for visitors or a party.
Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 1 pound boneless chicken
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup halved green grapes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots (in a food processor)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of alfalfa or other sprouts
- Wheat bread (I like Borowsky's 12 grain organic bread)
InstructionsCut the chicken into cubes and simmer gently until fully cooked. Drain chicken and cut into small cubes (you can also pulse in a food processor until the chicken is cut into small chunks).
Add the curry, mayonnaise, grapes, nuts, and vegetables and gently mix with a large spoon (be careful not to break the grapes). Let mixture sit a couple of hours to let the delicious curry flavor develop and blend into the entire mixure.
To serve: spread a little mayo on the bread, if desired. Then add a handfull of sprouts and add the chicken salad. Enjoy!