Serve these flowerets as a summer salad or an appetizer.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 medium tomato, peeled seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Instructions1. Separate the cauliflower into flowerets and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the turmeric, cumin, and coriander. Stir over medium heat until the spices are aromatic. Stir in the salt, cayenne, and ginger. Add the cauliflower and toss to coat. Pour on the water and cover the pan. Reduce the heat and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is crisp-tender.
3. Increase the heat. Add the tomato and parsley and stir continuously until most of the liquid is evaporated. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover the bowl and chill thoroughly before serving.