Crunchy Shrimp with Toasted Couscous and Ginger-Orange Sauce
Recipe By: Karen Tedesco, Webster Groves, MO via Cooking Light
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger -- grated
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup couscous -- dried
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds -- toasted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 20 jumbo shrimp -- peeled and deveined (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 large egg white -- lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger -- grated
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups watercress -- washed, trimmed, coarsely chopped
Instructions1. To prepare sauce, bring 1 cup orange juice to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until reduced to 1/4 cup (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat; cool completely. Stir in 1 tablespoon cilantro and next 7 ingredients (through red pepper); set aside.
2. To prepare couscous, place couscous in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook 3 minutes or until toasted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add 1 1/2 cups broth, 1/2 cup orange juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork; add onions, almonds, and butter, stirring until butter melts. Keep warm. If made an hour ahead, briefly reheat in same pan until it's hot all the way through.
3. To prepare shrimp, combine shrimp and egg white in a bowl, tossing to coat. Combine panko, 1 teaspoon cilantro, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, and black pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp to bag; seal and shake to coat.
4. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; arrange shrimp in a single layer in pan. Cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
5. Divide couscous evenly among 4 plates; top evenly with watercress and shrimp; drizzle sauce over shrimp.
Per Serving: 423 Calories; 17g Fat (34.3% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 52g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 63mg Cholesterol; 557mg Sodium. Exchanges: 2 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1 Fruit; 2 Fat.