Creme de Menthe Brownie Bars
Yield: 32 bars
- 4 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
InstructionsPreheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine unsweetened chocolate and butter in a small, heavy saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted. Let stand 10 minutes.
Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixer until thick and lemon colored; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add salt, flour, vanilla, and chocolate mixture; beat at low speed 1 minute. Spoon mixture into slightly greased and floured 13x9x2-inch pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife in the center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
Spread Creme de Menthe Frosting over the top. Chill at least 4 hours. Drizzle Creme de Menthe Piping over frosting in a lattice design. Chill 1 more hour, and then enjoy!
Creme de Menthe Frosting
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup green creme de menthe
InstructionsCombine all ingredients and set aside.
Creme de Menthe Piping
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted