Corn and Chicken Bake
I wanted to make my own “KFC Bowl” so I created this and it tasted so yummy I wanted to share it with every one.
Total Time: 1 Hr 30 Min
Hands-On Time: 1 Hour
Yield: 6 Servings (4 if everyone are hearty eaters)
- 3 Chicken Breasts (On the larger side of medium) Cut into 1/2" to 3/4" pieces
- 1/2 Cup Cornstarch
- 1 Cup Flour (Gluten Free works as well)
- Canned or Frozen corn (Drained is Canned)
- Beef Gravy (Gluten Free works as well)
- Mashed Potatoes (Homemade or Instant)
- Shredded Cheese (Colby/Jack Blend is my favorite)
- 1 Egg (Beaten)
- 1 Cup Milk (Any percentage)
- Spices to taste (I prefer Cajun Spices)
- Salt and Pepper as needed
- Oil for Frying (Whichever you prefer)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Fill Deep Fryer (Or Skillet) with our and bring to frying temp (water crackles when introduced to oil)
In a small to medium sized bowl mix the egg and milk, set that aside.
In a medium to large bowl mix Cornstarch, Flour and Spices, set aside.
Place chicken in egg batter, flour mixture, egg batter and flour mixture again, place in fryer or skillet.
Fry chicken in batches and drain plate covered with paper towels.
Spread mashed potatoes in the bottom of a 13x9 glass baking dish.
Spread gravy over potatoes, then corn over gravy.
Place the chicken in pan, spread out and sprinkle cheese all over.
bake at 350 for 20 - 30 minutes, remove and allow to cool 5 minutes.
Serve and refrigerate leftovers.
*I really liked how this one turned out and was even more impressed when I microwaved the left overs and they were just as good as the night before.*
** I used instant potatoes the last time I made this and found that if you make them with just hot tap water it works just as well as if you had boiled the water. The baking heats them up just fine.**