- 1/2 cup canola oil, plus more for pan
- 1 cup garbanzo and fava bean flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1 1/4 cups unrefined sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup store-bought unsweetened applesauce
Instructions1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Brush a 6 3/4-by-4 1/4-by-2 3/4-inch loaf pan with oil; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, potato starch, arrowroot, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, xanthan gum, and 1 tablespoon cinnamon.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together oil, applesauce, and 1 cup hot water. Add oil mixture to flour mixture; stir until well combined. Measure out 1/3 cup of batter and place in a small bowl. Pour remaining batter into prepared loaf pan. Stir remaining 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon cinnamon into reserved batter. Add to loaf pan, swirling to combine.
4. Transfer to oven and bake about 20 minutes. Brush top of loaf with oil and continue baking until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack before unmolding.