Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed dark-brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large whole egg, plus 1 large egg white
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (about 2 cups)
Instructions1. Preheat oven to 375°, with racks in upper- and lower-third. Line
two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. In a
medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat
the butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy,
about 3 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
2. Add vanilla, whole egg, and egg white.
Beat on low speed until well combined, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed, about 1 minute.
Add flour mixture in two batches; mix until just combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
3. Shape 2 heaping tablespoons of dough at a time into balls and place about 1 1/2 inches apart on
prepared baking sheets. Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are golden brown,
about 18 minutes. Transfer parchment and cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.