Chinese Soup -- American-style
At the end of the month when you are trying to use up all of your leftovers, this is the recipe to make. It’s fast, easy, and really tastes authentic.
- 2 quarts cold water
- 20 turkey meatballs, diced
- 1 packet of stir-fry seasoning
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 head of cabbage shredded
- 2 eggs beaten well
- 1 large onion Sliced (and Halve the slices)
- 3 tablespoons powdered chicken bouillon
- 1 heaping tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 package of Angel Hair Pasta Broken into thirds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
InstructionsStart your water with the bouillon and the stir-fry seasoning. Stir and simmer to dissolve completely.
Add in your onions and cabbage and bring to a boil. Once boiling add in the sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and cilantro.
Once the cabbage and onions are tender to your liking, add in the turkey meatballs and bring back to a slow boil. After 3 minutes, add in the angel hair pasta and stir thoroughly.
Once the angel hair is cooked lower the heat to a very slow boil and drizzle in the beaten egg very slowly. Drizzle the egg in a circular fashion so that the egg floats on top in a halo. After the egg is cooked, gently break up the pieces of egg with a spoon. Drizzle a little more toasted sesame oil and a splash more soy sauce and stir through.
Garnish with chopped, fresh scallions. Serve hot.