Chilled Cucumber Soup
Most refreshing on a hot summer day!
Yield: 6 servings.
- 2 medium-size cucumbers
- 4 cups chicken broth, boiling
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
InstructionsPeel the cucumbers and remove the seeds. Dice. Add to boiling chicken broth. Simmer for 10 minutes, then cool.
Puree the cucumber-broth mixture in the blender. Add sour cream and blend well. Stir in the minced onion, lemon rind and garlic powder. If necessary, add salt and pepper to taste.
Chill the soup until frosty cold. Serve in chilled bowls. Sprinkle with parsley.