Skewered chicken satay flavored with spices — this unusual dish is exotic enough to thrill the grownups, but mild enough for kids — perfect for a family cookout or a small outdoor party. Serve these with skewers of grilled vegetables — Vidalia onions, mushrooms, zucchini, and red bell peppers. Delicious!
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes for skewers
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
InstructionsPlace the chicken in a large shallow bowl or baking dish. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator, turning a few times.
Prepare a fire in a grill or preheat the broiler. Thread the chicken onto skewers. Grill or broil the chicken for 5 to 7 minutes on each side. Serve hot.