Chicken Piccata Pasta Toss
Yield: 6 serv. /498 cal. 62 g. carb. 11 g fat.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tbls. xtra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 lb chicken tenders, cut into 1" pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbls butter
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 2 tbls. flour
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup low-fat low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbls drained capers
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Chives, chopped or snipped,for garnish
Instructions1. Cook the pasta per package directions.
2. Warm a deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbls.oil and chicken to pan. Season with salt and pepper. Brown until lightly golden, 5 to 6 minutes. Remove chicken from pan, and place it in a serving dish.
3. Return skillet to heat reduced to medium. Add remaining 1 tbls. oil,1 tbls. butter, garlic, and shallots. Saute 3 minutes. Stir in flour and cook 2 minutes. Whisk in wine and reduce liquid, cooking about 1 minute. Whisk in lemon juice and broth. Stir in capers and parsley. When sauce begins to bubble, add remaining 1 tbls. butter.
4. Return chicken to skillet and heat 1 to 2 minutes. Toss hot pasta with chicken and sauce. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Top with chives and serve.