Chicken Parmesan Quiche
Yield: 10 appetizer-size servings
- 1 whole boneless, skinless chicken breast, halved
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons Burgundy
- 1/2 cup chunky spaghetti sauce
- pastry for single-crust 9-inch pie
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups light cream
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter
InstructionsCut the chicken into small pieces and saute lightly in a skillet with the broth and Burgundy. Cook until the meat is done but not browned. Drain the juices from the pan and add the spaghetti sauce. Let cool for about 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a 9-inch pie plate with the pastry. Put the chicken mixture in the crust and cover with 1/2 cup of the mozzarella and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. In a small bowl, beat the eggs thoroughly. Add the cream and pepper. Pour over the cheese. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a light golden brown.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the bread crumbs, remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella, remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and paprika. Cut in the butter with 2 knives or use a food processor equipped with a pastry blade. Sprinkle over the cooked quiche and return to the oven for 10 minutes, or until the quiche is set.