Total Time: 60
Yield: 12 servings
- 12 chicken breasts
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil
Heat oven to 350°. Lay chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound gently with flat side of a meat mallet to 1/2-inch thickness.
In a shallow casserole or pie plate, beat eggs. In a separate casserole or pie plate, combine bread crumbs, cheese, herbs, salt, and pepper. In batches, coat chicken breasts with egg, shaking off excess. Add to bread-crumb mixture and press to coat chicken. Set aside on a plate; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Pour 1/4 inch oil into a large saut