Cherry Cream Pie
This cherry cream pie is easy to make and wonderfully versatile. Try it with any type of fruit pie filling or with fresh or frozen fruit — strawberries or raspberries, for instance — over the cream cheese base.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 pint whipping cream
- 1 baked 8-inch or 9-inch graham cracker pie shell
- 1 can (16 ounces) cherry pie filling
Blend the cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract until smooth. Whip the cream until stiff. Fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Pour into the baked pie shell. Top with the pie filling. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.