Castilian-Style Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Recipe by executive chef Daniel Chong-Jimenez of The Spa at Norwich Inn.
Yield: 4 (3-ounce) servings
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Garnish: arugula leaves
Stir together first ten ingredients. Cover and chill. Garnish, if desired.