Carrot Dip with Orange & Cumin
A healthy dip that’ll add bright flavor and color to your winter table. Sweet carrots get a boost from a bit of cumin, orange, and garlic, while olive oil gives the mixture a creamy texture.
Total Time: 15
Yield: about 1-3/4 cups
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 2-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt, plus extra to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
InstructionsIn a medium-size saucepan over high heat, boil carrots in salted water until tender, 15—20 minutes. Drain.
Place carrot, oil, cumin, garlic, and orange juice in the bowl of a food processor, and process until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving bowl.