Cabbage and Fresh Pineapple Salad
Tiny bits of fresh pineapple add lively contrast to this chilled cabbage salad.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium-size green cabbage, shredded
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
1. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolk, mustard, lemon juice, and vinegar. Whisk in the oil.
2. Place the shredded cabbage in a large bowl and sprinkle on the sugar, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine and then pour on the dressing. Stir to coat evenly. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
3. Just before serving, mix in the chopped fresh pineapple and mint.