Bok Choy Salad
The concept of cold pasta salad needn’t be limited to Italian-style noodles. In this recipe, cold Chinese noodles are combined with bok choy and unsalted cashews to create a delightful luncheon entrée.
Yield: Serves 6
- 1 medium bunch bok choy
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 green onions, white and green portion, sliced
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil (dark)
- 6 ounces Chinese noodles, boiled and drained
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Instructions1. Trim the stem end and thinly slice the bunch of bok choy. Heat 3 tablespoons of the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the bok choy and toss to coat evenly. Stir over high heat until the bok choy is limp. Add the mushrooms and onions and pour on the water. Continue stirring over high heat until the water is evaporated. Remove from the heat.
2. Whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, the vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame seed oil. Pour over the bok choy and toss to coat. Add the drained noodles, cashews, and cilantro. Toss to combine. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled and serve on glass salad plates.