Another delectable, and really quite easy, way to use up some of the summer’s blueberries. Especially good served with ice cream.
Yield: Makes one 9-inch tart.
- Use your favorite recipe, or try this whole wheat crust.
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons chicken fat, melted
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1-1/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
InstructionsHeat butter and chicken fat until foamy; remove from heat. Add syrup if desired. Mix in flour to make pastry dough. Press into a straight-sided 9-inch tart pan or a pie plate.
- 4 cups blueberries, reserving about 1 cup for topping
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat pastry flour
- 4 to 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- Cinnamon (optional)