- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries (see Note)
Instructions1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line 12 large muffin cups with paper liners and spray the top part of the pan lightly with vegetable oil spray.
3. Combine or sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
4. Whisk together the butter, eggs, milk, lemon zest, and lemon juice in a separate bowl until well combined.
5. Place 1 cup of the blueberries in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade and pulse several times until coarsely chopped. Stir the chopped berries into the egg mixture.
6. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir just until the dry ingredients are moist and blended. Do not overmix. Fold in the remaining whole blueberries.
7. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin pan with a large ice cream scoop (