Beans – the magical flute ;-)
- A reason beans become hard is because of salt.
- Never use salt when cooking your beans until they've reached the softened stage.
- Salt halts the softening process and will do a good bean in.
- Here are two methods for making terrific beans:
- Short Soak: Clean and sort beans (there could be a rock or icky bean in the package. That's why you sort) You wash them because it's like raw produce and there could be dirt in the package-it's happened to me. Next, boil beans in water for 3 minutes (the water should cover the beans). Then cover the beans and set them aside for 2 to 4 hours. Drain and discard the water, rinse the beans and now they are recipe ready (but not fully cooked).